Portland Oregon Attractions - Fun In Portland!
What Portland Oregon attractions are your favorites? Not sure? Don't know? Allow me to show you around.
If you're new to the Portland area, you'll soon find that it's very difficult to end up with nothing to do around here. The Rose City is a hub of activities for every member of the family.
Whether you are looking for some excitement, wanting to learn something new, a treat for the senses, or a time of peace and quiet, there's a Portland Oregon attraction that was made with you mind.
Here are a few of my favorite things to do:
- The Oregon Zoo - This is a great time for everyone and is one of my best ways to enjoy a day out. I love animals!
- World Forestry Center - This Portland attraction educates and informs about how the world's forests and trees impact our lives and what to do to make things even better. Lots of great exhibits and events to enjoy.
- Oaks Park - Portland's best place for amusement park rides, midway games, food, fun and the historic Oaks Park Skating Rink! A premier Portland Oregon attraction!
- Mill Ends Park - Portland is home to the smallest park in the world with it's very own leprechaun, Mr. Patrick O'Toole!
- The Hoyt Arboretum - A living museum of over 1,000 species of trees and planets from around the world. A fantastic place for a walk.
- Hop On/Hop Off Portland Trolley Tour - This wonderful tour on a big pink trolley takes you to 12 of the best Portland Oregon attractions.
- Portland Rose Garden - Now called the Moda Center, because of some big-wig sell-outs in Portland (that's a whole other rant!), it is home to the NBA's Portland Trailblazers! The Rose Garden holds events all year round, including live sports, music concerts and family entertainment. Moda-shcmoda! It will always be the Rose Garden Arena to all true Oregonians!
- The Crystal Ballroom - Live music, both local and world renowned, play here. From Alternative to Hip Hop, from Country to Big Band, and everything in between. You're sure to enjoy the sounds and events held at the Crystal Ballroom in Portland.
- Portland International Raceway - For some great excitement, bring everyone down to PIR. You'll experience Nascar, club events, drags, auto swaps and more. Sign up for Pro Drive, the official driving school of PIR, and learn to race!
- Clinton Street Theater - A historic theater for independent and underground films and home of the Rocky Horror Picture Show since 1978!
- Revolution Hall - Renovated from within former George Washington High School in Southeast Portland, Revolution Hall opened to the public in 2015 as a stunning and exciting new performing arts center.
- Powells Book Store - The largest independent bookstore in the universe! If you're a book lover, you are going to be in heaven at Powell's City of Books!
- OMSI - The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry is a fun place to learn and explore. For the curious in all of us. Their Laser Light Shows are great!
- Vodoo Doughnut - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, chow down on the strangest doughnuts the universe has ever seen! This is one of the best known attractions in Portland Oregon.
- Burnside Skatepark - One of Tony Hawk's favorite places to skate, this is a fantastic place that is known by skateboarding enthusiasts around the world. Bring your board and have some fun!
- The Grotto - This wonderful Portland Oregon attraction provides you 62-acres of paths, statues, trees, flowers and perfect serenity. The Grotto is a popular Portland draw.
- Portland Japanese Garden - Dubbed the most authentic Japanese Garden outside of Japan itself. The beauty and peacefulness is really wonderful. One of the great Portland Oregon attractions.
- Portland Classical Chinese Garden - Classical Chinese architecture, flora, walkways, and more make up this exciting experience deep inside Chinese culture and history.
- Pittock Mansion - An enormous mansion full of history standing high above the city in the West Hills, Pittock Mansion is a wonderful place to take a tour. Simply beautiful!
- Portland Saturday Market - Held every weekend, beneath the Burnside Bridge, this is a place to come for local live music, booths and booths of hand-made arts and crafts, and food, food, and more food!
- The Story of the Benson Bubblers - You wouldn't think something as mundane sounding as a gaggle of drinking fountains could be cool.
These are only a few of the cool attractions in Portland Oregon available to you. I'll continue to add a lot more, so you may want to bookmark this page. Map yourself out an itinerary and visit them all, one by one. You'll quickly see just what an amazing place Portland is!
<< Portland Oregon Attractions to Uniquely Portland Oregon